Friday, February 5, 2010

My name is William Harris. I served eight years in the United States Army. Five active duty, and three reserve. I did twelve months in Korea and was actually suppose to fly home September 13 but the unfortunate happened on the 11th. I also did thirteen months in Iraq where I conducted over 250 convoys as a gunner. I was there! For the last four years, I have have been busy with school and of course my family. I've been married for fourteen years. I have a fourteen year old son and a five year old daughter. In my spare time, I enjoy fishing, hunting, camping, and watching football. As far as why I want to teach, well I come from a long line. My great granddaddy taught. Both of my grandparents were involved with the schools. My grandfather was a principal and my grandmother was a counselor, and taught. My mother teaches. I think that kids should have the opportunity to learn while having fun. I always enjoyed the whole ah-ha effect and figured I can serve as that tool for students and deliver the effect to them. As of right now, I plan on teaching secondary English and coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment